1. I'm strong. No matter how I feel or think about myself, I am a strong person and I can get through this.
2. Worry doesn't get me anywhere. It's important to plan for the future but to go over all the negative possibilities in the mind eventually takes its toll on the mind and body and robs a person of their life.
3. Practising gratefulness is a good way to deal with anxiety and dark thoughts.
4. Being mindful and recognizing my negative thought patterns helps to stop them before they get out of hand and my body takes a downward spiral.
5. Exercise!! (I think this is honestly one of the best). I've just started running again and have to say it's one of the best things in the world! (Even if I only have time for about fifteen minutes.)
6. Self-care. Taking time every day - no matter how long my to-do list is - to do things that make me happy is vital. It's not selfish. It's about survival.
7. Believe. Having faith that God has my best interests at heart and that he is working things out is the only way I can cope. I have to surrender and stop trying to control everything. It's one of the scariest things in the whole world, but control comes from fear and fear doesn't open the way to good things.
If you've gone through anxiety at all, what has helped you to cope?